Monday, March 24, 2008

Eric's News

Well, we were scared and shocked on Wednesday night the 19th, when we received a phone call from the Stake executive secretary. Eric and I both looked at each other and said, "Oh, no." We knew that our ward was going to be getting a new bishopric because our bishop and his family are moving to Ukraine (Eric's mission) to be mission presidents. Eric was called to be the first counselor in the bishopric of our ward. The new bishop and other counselor are dear friends of ours, so we are thrilled. All of us have young children, so the wives hugged and consoled each other that we are loosing our hubby's help on Sundays! We'll make it just fine, but I have to admit I cried on Sunday when they asked him to come sit on the stand. It was an overflow of a lot of different emotions - sadness, joy, gratitude, and a little overwhelming -especially because MY calling is so time consuming in the Relief Society presidency. I know that the Lord will bless us to be able to work it all out. I'm honestly so grateful for this opportunity for our family to grow spiritually, and the blessings that will come because of Eric's willingness to serve so dilligently.

3 comments:

Grandpa Goodson said...

If he was more like his Grandpa they wouldn't call his to those positions.. they only call really good people, so he deserves the calling... congrats eric...

Cherine said...

Oh wow that is great!!! Amy you are such an awesome woman who is strong so with the Lords help you can conquer anything! I'm proud of Eric!!! =)

holmesfamily8 said...

Congrats to Eric! I am sorry I haven't checked in here in a few days. You guys will be fine, amazing blessings await!