Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Daddy's Little Gardening Buddy.


Our Mile High potatoes are right behind Eric. The Tomatoes are doing great as well!

Noah LOVES to be out in the dirt with Eric. It is so cute to watch them "garden" together. I know that Eric is thrilled that someone in his family finally has interest in gardening besides himself. I love to reap the benefits (yummy!), but unfortunately I'm such a prissy girl that I can't stand the thought of bugs and earwigs and worms! EW! Maybe that's why the Lord sent me boys, to teach me how to relax around dirt! Anyway, Noah is Daddy's best friend out in the garden. Sometimes it has been hazardous as he has destroyed a few plants, but mostly he just copies exactly what Daddy is doing. He insists on being right next to his daddy, which I think is delightful (and also frustrating at times) for Eric. Daddy's little garden gnome.

4 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

***This is Eric***
I really need to get him a little pointy red hat to wear when he is helping me in the garden. WHen he is helping me he has to be touching me in some way as we are working. He usually weasles his way in front of me which nearly makes us both tip over. Try weeding with a two year old in front of you trying to imitate you but grabbing the tomato plant instead. :) I am glad to know that someone in the family cares about gardening!

Cherine said...

Those are darling pictures seriously!!!! I would love to garden but honestly unless its a palm tree I'm no good!!!

Anonymous said...

Noah, how fun for you. I know that you just like the dirt, and gardening is a good excuse to be in the dirt,right? Eric, Eric how does your garden grow?

holmesfamily8 said...

VERY jealous of your garden! I can't wait to move somewhere with real dirt and a real yard! It looks great! It is great you can train your boys to do all the dirty work while you reap the rewards!