Monday, April 27, 2009

Judson and the Tooth Fairy have issues...

I was awoken this morning to my Judson leaning over me in bed
with the following dialog:
J: "Mom, she accepted it!"

Me: "What? Who accepted what?"

J (disappointed): "The tooth fairy! She accepted my rock, but she didn't leave the money."

Me (feigning empathy, feeling confused): "Oh, I'm sorry honey... What do you mean?"

J (exasperated with his slow mother): "I wrote the tooth fairy a note so I could trade my rock for 100 million dollars, and she accepted the rock but didn't leave the money!"

Me: "Wow! Dang."

J (resigned): "Well, there's nothing we can do about it." Walks out of the room.

Me: stifling laughter in my pillow.


It says, "dear tooth fairy, I have decided for this rock for 100 million dollars." You know, it doesn't hurt to try.

10 minutes later I hear Judson yell, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" He walks in completely dejected, "look what I found under my bed." Hmmmph.
I say, "Oh, honey. I bet she can only detect teeth. I bet she didn't even know that rock was under your pillow."
I can vouch for her. She didn't have a clue, but she's delighted.

4 comments:

headtotoephoto said...

Oh that is priceless!! Who doesn't want a million dollars.. come on tooth fairy!

Kara said...

WOW! Now that's a kid thinking about his future. :) C'mon Toothfairy. That rock looks JUST like a tooth!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to find me a good "tooth" rock and see if i get any money.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think she can detect rocks - what's the matter with her anyway? I think you need to move so you can be in a different tooth fairy region.