This is a copy of an email I sent to Judson's 1st grade teacher,
Dear Tawnya,
Judson said something comical this evening and I thought I'd pass it on. For background, my mother passed away last year, and she and my Judson were really close. It has been hard on him, and all of us. Tonight he was missing her and he said, "Mom, every time I see the letter "G" I think of the word grave and grandma. Would you please email my teacher and the principal and tell them to make sure I don't see the letter "G" tomorrow?"
I was trying to be empathetic because he was completely serious, but I just busted up laughing, I couldn't help myself. Where does he come up with these things? So, could you work on that? Don't let him see any G's!!
I told him that I couldn't ask you to do that, but that I would let you know he was feeling a little blue about his grandma. I'm sure that if my mother was listening in on that one, she got quite a good laugh too.
Thanks again for being such a wonderful teacher,
Amy
Her response,
Amy,
That made me smile.
I will be sensitive about his grandma and I'll work on the letter G too :)
Tawnya
1 comment:
oh my osh. I'm lauhin hard. Your little uy is reat. Funny messae. I'm oin to read it aain.
Post a Comment