Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eating at the Old Faithful Lodge






Growing up, we went to Yellowstone Every Summer. So, the lodge at Old Faithful was always a fun, exciting place for me. I dreamed of staying here and eating at the restaurant like it was the classiest place on earth (small town girl, I know) but we never did. Finally, Eric took me to live out my dream (at least the eating part)! Well, don't waste your time. The food isn't all that great and WAY overpriced. But, we had fun anyway. And, now I know. Funny too, the lodge always seemed so massive as a child. I was blown away by it's grandeur. Seeing it again, I was a little saddened. I guess my nearly 6 feet of stature makes it that much smaller! I hope, at least, that my kiddies felt the same feelings I remember feeling when they looked up all those cool log stairs to the very tip top cabin room. It's so "Swiss Family Robinson-esque."

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow Amy, Where DIDN'T you go this summer!