Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A little tender mercy from on high

I just wanted to share an excerpt from an email I sent to Eric today. I had a special, yet insane, day today getting ready for this evening when we hosted one of Provo's mayoral candidates in our home. We invited all our neighbors and 3 showed up. I made 5 kajillion cookies and cleaned my house to the core.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, Heavenly Father loves us and he answers our prayers. No matter how small or simple they may be. He loves to bless us. This morning, amidst all my preparations for tonights event, I took the time to grieve with a dear friend who just lost a loved one, to babysit for another friend in need, to do "craps"(crafts) with Noah per his request, and to take care of my baby. Right now I just finished my transcriptions and my body is very very tired. But, my heart is light because of a small little miracle that happened during this day of giving.

Here is what I wrote to Eric:

So, I finally got both the boys down for naps so I could really go at it and start cleaning, then 10 minutes later I hear Asher singing at the top of his lungs in his room "ga ga ga ga ga!!!" And I think, "Not today! I really need him to sleep today!" He is the worst little napper. Desperate, I decided to ask for some divine intervention. I got on my knees and started to pray. I got distracted thanking the Lord for everything. Blah,blah, blahing, and then Asher started to squawk and squeal again to remind me of the point of my prayer. I said, "Oh, yeah..." (And here is the miracle because Asher was completely going at it, yelling at the top of his lungs) "Heavenly Father, please help my baby to sleep so I can get my house cleaned." Then, abruptly Silence .Complete silence. Silence. He was out. THIS NEVER HAPPENS WITH ASHER. It was so instantaneous, that it was undeniably an answer to my prayers. I was stunned. I feel and felt the spirit so strongly. The Lord appreciates my efforts to help my brothers and sisters today and he is blessing me. I feel so grateful and so loved. I had to share this with you. Now, I'd better get back to work before the Lord takes back his deal because I'm slacking!

Little tender mercies. That kid slept for 2 1/2 hours. Another miracle in itself! Now, I just want to know how Heavenly Father quieted my darling little one. Doesn't that leave so much to the imagination? Did he send my Mom to quiet him? I can just imagine her looking over the side of his crib and smiling at him, cooing him to sleep. Who knows??? Someday I hope to find out. Today, I just feel loved and grateful.

7 comments:

holmesfamily8 said...

That is amazing Amy! It brought tears to my eyes to think about your mom cooing him to sleep with her laughing, twinkling eyes and sweet voice.

Becca said...

What a wonderful answer to prayer. I have prayed that prayer many times too. However it doesn't always get answered and never that quickly. It must have been all that service you gave in the morning. You are such a good friend. I was touched hearing about how you mourned with your friend.
How is the day going today?
And why where you having a mayoral candidate over!?! Tell us more about that.

Kara said...

I love those times when you say, "Lord, I have done all I can and I'm going to lose it!" and He takes care of it--what ever it is. I've had those times (especially at night) when the Lord just steps in and uses his ultra-powerful non-side-effectual Benadryl. Actually, I liked your scenario of your mom. That's much better than drugs!!

KatandBlue said...

Wow! You are a shining example to me of the woman I someday hope to become! I guess I need more faith, becuase everytime I have prayed for sleep from my children...it has never come!!! Hmmmm....oh, and please forgive me for being one of your slacker neighbors...

*Sheigh* said...

Sweet Asher baby. Thats soo amazing that he went silent/sleep so fast. If it was your mom there, she was there to comfort him in your time of need to get the things you needed done. Faith. Its an amazing thing to have and I am finding that out more and more everyday. Love ya gurlie!

*Sheigh* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelsea mckell said...

I got goosebumps.