Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's all about head wounds here...



Our own little HARRY POTTER! He was riding around on Asher's little birthday bus, and had a head-on collision with the banister. He only cried for a few minutes and then stared at his forehead. I was pretty proud of myself, actually, because I only let out a small squawk and then the adrenaline took over. It was a pretty deep gash, so we asked our nieghbor, a seasoned Mom to come check it out. Since it's on his face, we decided we'd better take him in. When I got to the pediatrician's office the nurse said, "Oh, that's gonna need stitches." I panicked. Noah is going to freak out! But, then the doctor came in and examined it. He said that it looked like it was coming together pretty well, and that I could choose 3 stitches, or the super medical glue, with similar results. Either way, it will leave a small scar, darn it. I chose the glue. Thank Heavens for the glue! Now, we just have to keep our little scab picker from picking at his forehead. Now, 2 hours later, he's running around like nothing happened. What a tough little guy!

3 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Wow - what a great cover-up story! DCFS will never buy it though. You're going to just have to stop beating your children.

Emily said...

I am actually quite jealous. I love scars.

*Sheigh* said...

Cody and Peyton had the similar things happen to them. Cody decided to play superman over his dad and cut his left eyebrow open and had to have 2 stitches. Peyton just last week fell down the stairs and a door came and fell on her and cut open her right eyebrow. luckily she didn't need stitches they were able to close it with the glue. I actually would prefer the glue over stitches anyday cuz its less of a pain in more ways then one. Hope ur little man is doing okay.