Meanwhile, things are going well. Everyone is relatively healthy. Asher has a little case of the sniffles, but doing all right.
Tomorrow is the Boss' birthday (he truly does call himself "the boss." We made the mistake of thinking it was cute and going along with it for a while. Now its starting to get out of hand). Noah Aleksander Hunter is 4 years old... and completely insane. I love that little ball of fire with all my heart. He cracks us up constantly with his quirky, unpredictable, unstable little ways. Every day is a wonderful adventure with my little boy.
He was a riot at the Primary program. If I wasn't his mother, I would have been laughing my head off. But for some reason, I was close to horrified. Every Sunbeam does the traditional, "HI MOM!" Which I found cute, but he then proceeded to bonk the kid's heads who were standing down in front of him and loudly proclaim, "Your hair is spikey. Your hair is funny." ALL WHILE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SINGING. He then, of course, attempted to nose dive off the podium, bending over as far as possible. When it was his turn to speak he couldn't resist adding some, "goo goo gaa gaa's" into the microphone before the teacher stopped him and gave him his line, "My family plays with me." That's my boy.
He is definitely the boss of his own little self, and I appreciate that about him. I love him so tenderly. I love his sweet little passionate heart, which he tries to cover up with completely transparent (at least to me)"toughness." He still wants/needs to be cuddled, which I'm all too willing to give, but only at his request. If anyone tries to force his affection, they come back with a stub. At night, if I fail to give him the appropriate loves before bed he'll say, "SOMEONE forgot to give me a kiss." You know, like, "I don't really need one, it's just required, and you messed up." But, he can't live without that reassurance. And I can't live without him. I love to love my little boy with his dark chocolate eyes, so full of fire. I love his entire face, I love the way he enunciates his words when he speaks. The way he always says, "my mom" to me, instead of just "mom." For example, "Can I have some sour juice, my mom?" "Is that okay, my mom?" Yes, Noah, I would bend over backwards for you. I adore you wholeheartedly.I absolutely adore you.
Meanwhile, really long story short (as my mother always used to say), the computer is busted, so no birthday pictures of the big guy and his big day, till it's fixed.
5 comments:
Ah so cute. Happy Birthday to Noah.
Suuuriously, you are way lucky your hub is tech-savvy. Ask him this technical computer question for me: would smashing my laptop against the wall and screaming obscenities help it not be so sloooow?
sorry to vent on YOUR blog.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH BOSS!
cant wait to see you all in a few days i want to play with asher and cuddle with noah and use judson to do something to the lovely medusa that lives in the basement hehe.
Happy Birthday Noah-nator (or Boss)as you prefer. What a wonderful bunch of observations from a mom who loves him. I'm glad that you share - but even more glad that for the rest of Noah's existence, he will KNOW that his mom knows and LOVES him. I love the Primary Program comments. I don't think there is a parent out there who hasn't laughed uncontrolled at someone elses child and then cowered in horrified bewilderment at their own. Spoken as a mother who knows.
PS. I miss your mom.
Happy Birthday to your little man! Great reflections on all that you love about Noah and the age. I tell you the spirits that are in these children...it's simple amazing and there are definitely laughable/cry-able (sp?) moments all of us as moms have. It's just fun to hear them from others so I know that I'm not alone!!
Post a Comment