Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Swimmers and "Summer Not" (cough..Noah...cough)

Hiding behind the grill before I coax him into the pool.


Noah is a little (cough...a lot...cough) sheepish about swimming. But, it's his first year in lessons. He'll warm up. Right?!?!? He literally screams, cries, and whines through his entire half hour. He hangs onto his teacher for dear life, and has to be bribed with whatever enters my mind to even get him to enter the pool! I feel his pain, but it's actually pretty funny.




Judson, on the other hand, is a natural. He is doing GREAT! All these years of lessons have finally paid off. He LOVES being in the water. I have to coax him to get OUT. A shout-out goes to my friend Chelsea, one of his first teachers, for helping him get here! Yipee!








4 comments:

Lisa said...

Alex didn't enjoy his swim lessons either! I did get a lot of snuggles from him during it though! :)

Kara said...

Have you ever seen our beach pictures?? Jackson is 100 feet away from the water, playing in the sand. He's the same way at the pool. It takes him FOREVER to get warmed up to the idea (usually about 10 minutes before we leave, after having been there for hours) and then he doesn't want to get out. SHEESH! Someday we should have a pool party. Noah and Jack could hang out on the sidelines with the pool noodles.

Lily, on the other hand, is a little fish.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the crying in the water picture!!! I want to poster size it, frame and matt it, and hang it on my wall!!! That is GREAT! I swear - some kids come out fish and the others come out terrified!

chelsea mckell said...

A shoutout to ME! On YOUR blog!
I feel like a flippin celebrity.
Thanks :)
Though I can't take much credit - the kid's a natural.