Our little nook tree.
Our family room fun tree.
The living room tree. I love this tree, and this was my favorite year for it. I “simplified” the decorations (believe it or not), and it made all the difference. It’s a 10-footer and Eric’s job is to light it. He wraps every individual branch, usually at least 10 strings, which takes him several hours. Then, I get to do the fun part! It takes me around 3 hours of seriously focused decorating bliss. Music on, kids in bed, just me and this gorgeous tree! I have a little system, wrapping the toole first, then the wreaths, large ornaments, large bulbs, the glitz and glitter, the greenery, and then the tip-top. I absolutely love doing it! Then, all month long we sit and stare at it and talk about our favorite ornaments. I find it so relaxing. I feel a little guilty because I don’t let the kids help on this one, but it is my one selfish delight, and they get to help with the others, so that’s my justification. My favorite thing about this tree, my mom bought it for me at D.I. for $10.00. It sounds a little silly, but I dedicate it to her every year. She was such a Christmas party queen, and I love carrying on that tradition in my own home now.
4 comments:
MEEE TOOO and i think mom would be so proud of your tree even though it doesnt have homemade cotton stuffed gingerbread man and raffia like our always did haha
WELCOME BACK, CHICA!! Whew! I was getting worried!
It's nice to know someone else has more than one tree and doesn't feel guilty about it. We do not NOW have more than one tree, but as soon as we have room, and a job, you better believe it baby! Yours are all beautiful!
So totally gorgeous. I wish had the creativity to make my tree look so good. I don't but I enjoy looking at everyone else's though.
Um, are you going to come decorate our tree next year? Holy cow woman, you should be a professional! All 3 of your trees look better than my one tree any day!
Post a Comment