Noah is at the age I love most. Where reality or boundaries of the imagination haven’t been imposed on him, and his little mind never ceases to delight us. Here’s a sampling of “Noah-isms” from my facebook page:
5.22.11 Noah's new primary teachers asked each child their names and their favorite food today. Pizza, candy, chicken nuggets, were the usual boring and predictable responses. Till it was Noah's turn...."My name is Noah. And, my favorite food is...Mustard." :) Oh, yeah. That's MY boy. Mustard?
5.18.11 This morning I told Noah, "You crack me up."
He said, "Yeah, I do."
Then, he looked at me with a wicked smile, teasingly reached out his finger to touch my leg and said, "Crack!"
Awesome.
5.15.11 Noah gets put in time out. Weeping and wailing, typical Noah style, ensues. Eric says, "Oh Noah, it's not that bad. You don't need to be crying." To which Noah responds amidst sobs, "I'm just doing it so I don't forget I'm sad!" Sounds reasonable to me, actually.
4.15.11 5-year-old was especially excited to play in the sand box today. Why didn't red flags and buzzers go off in my head when I offered to take him to his BFF's house and he turned me down? Yep. He found the Matches! Lit the entire box along with a few unfortunate now crispy snails and worms. Boy cried himself to sleep in time out. Seriously? Why are boys such pyros?
4.5.11 From Noah, "Mom, these eggs are too hot. Could you put them in the freezerwager?"
3.24.11 I caught Noah picking his nose and he informed me that he was merely trying to "get out the snot sprinkles." Hmmmm....I actually prefer that much more than boogers.
5.5.11 Noah's grandpa had an accident and lost some fingers, he told me this morning that he invented this so Grandpa can still pick his nose!
3.21.11 Latest Noahism (After bonking his head and amidst sobs): "Mom! I hit my head! And now I don't have a BRAIN anymore because it's down in my stomach!"
3.18.11 Noah (5yrs): "Mom. I had a princess dream last night."
"Oh? What was your dream about?"
"It was about I was goinga marry a elephant."
"Really??? What happened next? How did you feel about that?"
Shoulder slump, Furrowed brow, "I don't know mom, (insert: you idiot), that was just all!"
That same morning the following happened while he was in the tub:"How do you talk inside your body, mom?"
"What do you mean?”
Silence.
"Do you mean, how do you tell your body what to do?"
Silence. Looking around the room.
"There's a fly in here." (there was no fly, and that was a little scary. he looked obsessed.) But, moving on…
Next, he's still in the tub staring at the floor of the closet while I put my makeup on and he says in a robot-like voice, "Mom. Your shoes are looking at me."
“????What????”
1.26.11 "Are chicken nuggets made from cows?"
1.11.11 So you know you live in a household of boys when you get excited to see Princess Diaries on Netflix and your son says, "You wanna watch The Princess DIARRHEA's?"
1.5.11 Noah: (Overly dramatic voice) "Mom....my brain....is melting....because I have a fever..."
Oh, this kid knows how to milk it and I'm a total sucker. He got pancakes this morning. :)
And, speaking of this boy, he’s fast asleep in the family room and it’s nearly 6pm, so I’d better run and be a mom. I’ve got so much more to add! More later…
2 comments:
where does chocolate come from?
I just had the best laugh reading all of these! What a character and aren't you so glad that you are writing these down.
Seriously I laughed out loud reading this...it was the best "medicine" for me tonight!
Post a Comment