Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Is it just a movie title? You decide.

ipod 5.11 023ipod 5.11 024ipod 5.11 025 

After I quit my job to be a mommy 9 years ago, I dyed my hair brunette to save money (since my natural color is a dishwater blonde) I thought it would be easier for me to do it myself on the cheap. It was. It was a tough adjustment for me at first, but after a while, I kind of feel I reinvented myself. It’s amazing how a hair color can do that, isn’t it? I accepted myself as a brunette, and I liked it.

Eric brought up the idea that I should try blonde again this summer. It’s how he remembers me from our newlywed days, and all the years before!2011 020 Now that we have an amazing beautician, my SIL Monika, in the family, why not? It wasn’t an easy decision, honestly. I’d gotten used to being brunette! We decided to take a poll on facebook and see what my friends had to say. A lot of you shared your opinions, but for the most part, everyone said, “Go for it!”

 

So I did.

 

Here is Phase One:

2011 0222011 021

 

And, Phase Two (a month later)

Summer 2011 003Summer 2011 004

A special thanks to my very talented Sister (in-law) Monika Gamble! She is such an awesome stylist! I LOVE being blonde again. I feel younger, more energetic, and more FUN!

 

Here’s her info: Call her today for an appointment!

Monika Gamble, Imageworks Studio, 801-318-4531

By the way, ladies, she usually does hair late at night after the kiddies are in bed and the hubbies are home to watch them. GENIUS.

No comments: