Monday, December 17, 2007

The paint spill in the master bath



Judson was snooping around in my bedroom where I had unfortunately been painting and had left the paint bucket lids loose. He chose to climb on them for a little help in his adventures in mommy's closet and I'm assuming he lost his balance and he and the paint bucket went down.
I was downstairs making dinner when Judson came up to me and started talking. I have to admit I wasn't paying close attention to what he was saying. He started out with, "I'm sorry mom and then blah blah blah blah... (I was trying a new recipe!) blah blah blah blah...I spilled the paint on the floor."
There was a pause as he stared up at me with hopeful eyes and then I came out of my cooking trance and realized what he had just said, "What??????" I screamed, Judson jumped back about two feet in horror (uh-oh), and I ran upstairs to my bedroom.
I also have to admit, my first reaction wasn't about the paint on the floor but my brand new beautiful bath towell he tried to clean it up with. "MY NEW TOWELLS!!! JUDSON!! GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!" Feet scamper quickly and his door shuts. I'm sure he hid under his bed. I was fuming. I probably sounded like a crazed maniac. I tried to think of a way to sop up all the mess and finally gave up.
We hate the carpet in the bathroom anyway. We wanted to replace it with tile. My new towell was only a few dollars, the dinner isn't burnt yet, and man I have some good guilt to use on Judson now. Christmas is coming and I will use Santa to its full advantage.
I compose myself and walk into Judson's room. "I just don't know Judson. I just don't know if Santa can bring you any presents now. That is a huge mess." Tears. Apologies. YES!!!!!
He has been an angel these past few days and I am LOVING it. Anytime he slips up I gently remind him. Infact, we went and saw santa at a neighborhood party and Judson whispered in my ear, "Mom! Don't tell Santa I've been bad!!!" I hugged him, laughing, and promised I wouldn't.

5 comments:

Eric Hunter said...

Someone needs to put that kid inthe spanking machine for an hour or two. Monika, can we borrow yours?

holmesfamily8 said...

That is too cute! I hope the guilt works as long as you need it to. he he.

Monika said...

You bet! Poor Aims! I love the way you tell the stories, they are so vivid to read, it almost like I was there! I can almost smell the paint! So FUNNY! I love that Judson kid.

I pretend to call santa almost every day and I say "Santa, this is Mom Gamble, and I need to talk to you about Dawson..." and by then Dawson straightens up and makes a better decision. It is like magic!

Amy Hunter said...

I wish we could use Santa all year. It stinks that it only works at Christmastime! Thanks for making me laugh.

Cherine said...

Oh man you guys are crackin me up!!! Michael is to little to care about Santa but good ideas for next year. My Sister-in-Law uses Santa all the time. Not just Christmas time. She'll have my broher call her kids and he'll sweat them up any time of the year. I think it's funny!

Amy sooo sorry about the paint and towels etc. After you are done with Monika's spanking machine can I borrow...HOLY TERRIBLE TWO'S!!!