This has been a crazy week for us. We had a flood in our basement last Saturday night. Thankfully it only affected the office area, so we ripped out the carpet in there. Eric has had to work till late in the evening every night so far. Last night he got home at 9:30, exhausted. I have been taking care of business here at home and trying to get ready for our Enrichment Activity tonight in my ward. Then, last night we had a big wind and rain storm. I couldn't sleep because it sounded so awful. Our backyard looks like a hurricane hit, and the saddest thing is that our dining set out back got toppled over and shattered. It's funny, all the chairs got knocked over, except one loyal chair stood faithfully in it's place. Even the heavy table right next to it couldn't take the wind. Judson woke up and said, "Don't worry mom, I'm not going to have a pool party today (he has invited the whole neighborhood over the last two days)."
Anyway, the point of the story is that I'm counting my blessings. This too shall pass. We can live without carpet for a while in our office. In fact, it will be kind of nice during the hot summer. Eric's work schedule will slow down soon. We are all healthy. The baby is active and growing healthy and strong. I feel movement constantly. He/she is going to be a mover and a shaker! And as for the backyard, well, it could have been much worse. We have several trees that could have toppled onto our house, but they all stood steadfast. I got the outdoor dining set on clearance for $35.00 last fall, so it's not a huge financial loss. When I think about all that is going on in the rest of the world, I find it difficult to be upset by a stinky wet basement, or shattered glass. We are very blessed, happy and healthy, and that is all that matters.
3 comments:
Amy I love your attitude!! You just have to smile and go on! Tomorrow the sun will shine and you will forget the hard parts. Just kiss and hug those little boys!
Oh, how awful! I am glad you have a good attitude about everything too. It is ok to feel bad sometimes though. Hang in there mama!
Send some positive vibes over to me! I have been so stressed out lately! Thanks for your contagious bright attitude!
Post a Comment