I know it. I am insane. We were on our way to go pick up our minivan, only to notice that Judson had no shoes on. So, we stopped at Walmart to go buy him some flip-flops. The boys (Eric included when I say "the boys") noticed puppies for sale outside, so I let them go "look" while I ran inside the store. They must have cast some magical spell to make mommy go temporarily insane, but when I came back out and saw how cute and happy the kids were, and how sweet the puppies were, I melted completely.
Let me just tell you that I have been living with guilt for nearly a year now, over the whole Stitch episode (he was our last dog, and a complete spaz. So, I gave him away to a more patient owner, much to the heartbreak of my oldest son).
So, Eric let me hold the dog. I fell in love with her. I also reasoned that maybe having her around would help Noah with the whole baby thing. It would give him a best friend to play with while Mommy is busy. It would also train him how to be "soft." So, I succombed and we are all absolutely in love with our new little puppy. We named her Ruby Red Sparkles, Ruby for short. She is our little princess, and we are having a wonderful time with her. She is house-trained, up to date with her shots, VERY CALM and sweet, and perfect for our crazy family.
Judson is in heaven especially. He keeps hugging me and telling me that I'm the best Mom ever. Well, I hope he doesn't forget that.
By the way, she is a golden retriever. And I'm really having fun buying pink toys and pink collars (with little roses). She can be "my girl" if I don't get one in 27 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment