Judson, Daddy, Mommy, and Ruby walked to school together (Noah stayed with Uncle Matt). I think having Ruby with us gave our Mr. J a little more confidence. He was really nervous. He told me, "what if I make a mistake?" I smiled and said, "Oh, honey. Everone makes mistakes. Its okay. Your teacher will help you. She understands that it is your first day. Everyone else there is a little scared too."
It made my heart ache, because I can see how he thinks and remember feeling the same way. I am such a perfectionist, if I can't do something right and "perfect," I just don't want to do it.
Eric went into work later so he could be there for Judson. I think that meant a lot to him. Eric gave him a Father's blessing this morning. I'm so grateful he could do that.
Meanwhile, Judson was very brave. No tears at all. He gave us a kiss and headed off with his class into school. My heart yearned to stay by his side and protect him. It was hard to let him go, but I know it's a part of growing up (darn it all) and I'm so proud of him for being brave.
5 comments:
i got out my first day of school picture for 1st grade and i remember how nervous i was and how i clinged to moms legs when i got on the bus!! i still get nervous for school mty friend told me that eating a banana helps calm the nervs too bad they make me nausious is that the way you spell it ???
Oh I can not believe he has started school already! Oh and I love your dog. Michael will have a hay day with him!!!
P.S how are you feeling?
Wait is it a girl or boy?
Amy, you are the sweetest mother. Seriously. I wouldve been like "toughen up, kid." I need to read this post at least once a day to help me soften up so Brianna doesnt get emotionally scarred. Or Ill just bring her over to your house for her first day of school.
Mr J looks very sharp!
Yeah, it kind of tipped us off when you started holding Judson under the water when he messed up in swimming lessons. You really need to work on that, Chelsea.
Post a Comment