A few weeks before Asher's birth I was telling Eric how much I missed my Mom and how sad I was that she couldn't physically be here to see my baby. I also mentioned that I would miss my traditional fuzzy socks that she bought me with my other babies.
Last Sunday night I asked Eric to give me a blessing. In the blessing he said many beautiful things, but suddenly started speaking much loader and more forceful when he said that the veil would be thin and my mother would be present and, "arranging things from her side of the veil" at the birth of our baby. We both ended up crying and I felt so peaceful and grateful. I was overwhelmed at the thought of what a magnificent angel my mother must be. She is a mover and a shaker, and I know she is a powerful force in the spirit world.
Everthing went so smoothly with Asher's birth and the hospital stay was heavenly. The last night there Eric stayed with me (the boys went to grandma's). We had popcorn and watched a movie (well, we fell asleep in it). I told Eric I was craving Jr. Mints. He then surprised me with a a peppermint patty (close enough). It was like a little mini vacation!
BUT, I was so worried about what I knew was coming... hormones and desperate crying... I get the baby blues, as I'm sure most of us do. It lasts for a few days and then calms but I was dreading it and missing my mother's understanding heart. Then the sweetest thing happened. A dear neighbor brought over balloons, a gift bag for me, and treats for the boys. It was so thoughtful and sweet. What was in my gift bag you ask? Fuzzy socks and Jr. Mints!Eric swears he didn't tell her anything and I believe him. When I put them on I burst into grateful tears. I felt the spirit tell me that it was a gift from my mother. Having those socks has helped me so much through all of these emotions raging through me right now. I wrote my neighbor a heartfelt note of thanks for being one of the Lord's vessels in helping me feel my mother's love. I know that my mom "arranged" this sweet little miracle just for me and I will never forget it.
"And thus we see that by small and simple means the Lord can bring about great things (1 Nephi 16:29)."
"We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men (Ether 3:4)."
13 comments:
Wow Amy, that made me cry. You deserve to feel your mother's love at such a special time. We love you and I hope the baby blues are easy on you this time.
Oh Amy that was such a sweet post! Thanks for making my day!
You have inspired friends because you ARE an inspired friend! Your faith is incredible. What a valuable gift you share with everyone around you! Congratulations on your little bundle !
oh that is so sweet how things like that work out:)
oh, Amy. Thank you for inviting me to your blog. Very personal place. I had no idea that your mom had passed. I'm sorry. I cannot imagine doing the whole new baby thing without my mom (despite the fact that she mostly drives me nutty, I'd still be sad). You are an absolutely AMAZING person. I have always thought that of you. Keep your thoughts positive and your body moving & all will be well. :) I love you.
Wow. So I was having a crappy morning until I read your post and that just puts a smile on my face. It is good to be reminded that the Lord is watching out for us. Thanks for that!
Oh Amy, your post is so touching, and I feel what you feel. Missing our moms together is a bond that we share, but knowing that they both are watching over us and our families is a true blessing and comfort. "OUR ANGELS" It always seems like when you need their presence the most is when the "little miracles" happen. You are an amazing person, and I see so many of the great qualities your mother possessed and carried with her passed on to you. I am so grateful to have you as family. I really hope the baby blues ease up for you. I love you!
Oh Amy! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful experience and an incredible legacy you are making for your family. Congratulations--to you and all your boys! (sorry this is so late. We were on vacation and this is the first time I've really sat down at the computer!) We're thinking of you!
Kara
Amy you are so incredible!!! I know that these sweet little boys need to be raised in your home. And your mom is not far, she still will have a poereful influence in your families life! I love soooo much!!!
Oh, that was so touching. I am so happy that you were able to have that moment with your mother. It just shows that the veil is really thin and how much our heavenly father loves each and every one of us. I feel greatful to a good friend and neighbor who was close enough to act on her impressions. Love ya!
Amy, I want you to have at least 12 kids. More if you can. You are a fabulous mother and the sweetest lady ever, and more of Gods children deserve you.
Such a neat thing! I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but it sounds like she didn't go too far! Oh I laughed at your Jack Handy quotes, that's a cute tradition.
What a sweet story about your fuzzy socks. Your neighbor must really be in tune, I too was in tears. You are awesome and inspiring!
Post a Comment