Saturday, October 4, 2008

Noah's unholy alliance with the scissors. Where are my baby's curls?!?!?

Daddy fixing the haircut with our neighbor's clippers.
The result. You can still see ridges where he cut it to the scalp!!

Watching his curls be swept away!
Hiding from Mommy's wrath in the shower.

He puts his hands in his mouth when he's nervous.

I was stressed out about getting ready for the "semi-annual after priesthood session ice cream social" at our house. Asher was crying and needed to be fed, Noah was poopy, Judson spilled the dog food all over the kitchen floor, the phone was ringing, and I was about to loose it! I went to go change Asher's diaper and get him his bottle and then for some reason I wondered, "now where is my Noah?" I searched and found him in my bedroom cutting away at his gorgeous hair. I let out a devastated scream and then a long low moan. He looked at me in shock, went and hid in my shower, and then a "neener neener. I got you upset" look came over his face. What a little monster! I'm so sad his darling curls are gone!!! Good thing he's a boy and they'll grow back soon.
Meanwhile, all the youth and their leaders got a good laugh at Noah's expense when they came over for their ice cream. Eric and I can't help giggling too. What a kid.

8 comments:

Kara said...

What IS it about kids and cutting their hair? I guess it's a good thing hair grows back and that we have pictures to document things like this--the time will come when we will pull the pictures out and say, "You're kid's not so bad. Look what YOU did!" hee hee

Perfectly Imperfect said...

OH AMY!!! I am SO sorry! I will never forget the sight of Camilla's blonde curls laying on the dark blue blathroom rug. Little Stinker Noah! You poor girl. Just what you needed on such a hectic night. Now would be a totally appropriate time to pull ou the "I hope you have a child just like you" curse.

holmesfamily8 said...

Oh Amy, good thing he is a boy! He is still cute, and you are right they will grow back soon. Sorry life seems hectic right now, just remember President Monson's talk about "enjoying the journey", it really touched me and hopefully will help me be less angry over the little things.

chelsea mckell said...

I'm so glad you had the forethought to get your camera out so we could all enjoy the story too!
I guess he now knows how to get your attention when he wants it..
:)
Hey - was the post-priesthood icecream party a men-only event?! I want an invite next time! oh yeah, and Brian too.

Im seriously so impressed with how well you handle the chaos. I go nuts with like 3 things needing my attention at once... you had 5!

Becca said...

Oh how sad. He had such adorable curls. Good thing he is not a girl with a buzz cut. I'm glad it will grow back curly.

Kate said...

That poor little holocaust survivor. He is still cute. I hope you are feeling well.

Kate said...

That poor little holocaust survivor. He's still adorable.

Anonymous said...

i think that every little boy has done this atleast once in their life i agree with everybody he still looks cute!!!