Monday, November 17, 2008

Big Boy Noah turns 3 Years old!






















Noah's cute little best friend Mckay. They are so fun together. Their temperments are perfectly matched and I love having Mckay over to play!
















Noah is 3 years old today. I can't believe how fun it has been to have him in our home. He is a darling, sweet, funny boy who loves trains, trucks, bugs, dirt, and candy. All things little boy! He is a delight and we adore him. He has had a hard few months with the addition of a puppy and a little brother to compete with, but he's coming out of his self-imposed banishment and I think this day was a very special day for him. We celebrated his birthday on Saturday so that cousins Dawson, Molle, Daphne, and best friend Mckay could be there. We had pizza, played with the train set, jumped in the leaves, ate our treat bags, had cake and bubble gum ice cream, and then opened presents. What a day! Noah got a new truck, a new tractor, and a dinosaur!
I feel so priviledged to be the mother of 3 little boys. Ever more frequently I am reminded of what a wicked world we live in and what a huge responsibility I have on my shoulders to raise three righteous priesthood holders. It is disheartening to see so many of the young men in our ward here deciding NOT to go on missions afterall. It seems like it is a rare thing now for a young man to make it. My heart aches to do all that I can to influence my boys to embrace the gospel. I need to do better! I was touched, as never before, by the second verse in "I am a child of God" when it was sung during the primary program last week. It says "Help me to understand his words before it grows too late." TOO LATE. Those words struck me like a slap in the face. My children are growing all to fast and if I squander my time on meaningless pursuits it will grow too late and be such a tragedy. I love my boys (all 4 of them) so much. I feel such a strong need to shelter and provide a place of peace here at home. I only hope I can do it well enough!
Meanwhile, back to the business at hand! My darling Noah, I love you forever! Happy birthday! And, a big happy birthday to your sweet little cousin Bryce who turns 6 today too!






5 comments:

Becky said...

I couldn't agree more! Your Noah is a little cutie. I love 3, my Jonah is 3 and he is so sweet. Always pretending to be somebody else. Glad he had a good b-day!

holmesfamily8 said...

Happy Birthday Noah! You are a great mom Amy, don't cut yourself short. You and Eric will be paying a pretty penny for their missions in oh, about 13 years. Mine starts in only 9 years. EEK!

Anonymous said...

And Amy you forgot his tender heart. How he is so cuddley still at three!! He also loves his animals, I hope he always will have this tender side!!! Noah we love you and are sooo happy that you came to our family!! love,gandma!

Cherine said...

Happy Birthday Noah. It is crazy our boys are three now!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think your title should include the phrase "Recently Self-Balded" somewhere in it. He is cute! It really is a challenge to spend all of the time mothering that it will take to teach them ALL that they must do - and still saving what is left of a mothers scant sanity by not obsessing about what else I - you - we - any mother - could do. You are great at balancing - you will make it!!!