Monday, November 24, 2008
Missing my Mom...
I took my Noah and Asher to the Life Science Museum this morning. It was so much fun for Noah. They had a Boa and a Turtle out for the kids to touch and play with. Noah was in heaven and followed the turtle around everywhere. Whenever it moved he would say, with is palms up, "Where goin' turtle? Where goin'?" I just watched him and then watched all the other kids there. There was a big family, probably here for the holidays, with uncles, aunts, cousins, and their grandma. I looked at that woman and suddenly tears came to my eyes because I wanted my mom to be there watching my Noah have so much fun. I missed her so much. I was a little embarassed, so I quickly wiped them away and tried to gain composure. I secretly hope that she was there, but I just couldn't see her. I know she would have loved to see Noah enjoying himself so much. I've been thinking about her a lot since Thanksgiving is on its way. Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday and I'm so glad I get to go home to Idaho to celebrate it in the same place we always did. I'm reminded that our loved ones beyond the veil are near by and watching over us. That comforts me so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Today we got a package with the program from Dave's Grandpa's funeral in it and I was filled with the same feelings. Nostalgia just gripped me! I didn't even really know Grandpa Thayn that well, but it's nice to know that eternity is waiting and that as Elder Eyering says, we will know those people and still have those good relationships to build on. I'm so sorry that you miss your mom, Amy. I didn't know her but she must have left a great legacy--YOU and your family.
Chris just mentioned that same thing this morning. Thanksgiving will never be the same without her. We all miss her terribly, especially this time of year.
Thanks for sharing that! I wish y'all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
This is so weird. I just posted something ver similar and then went to my friend Taniel's blog and saw that she had posted about her little sister that she recently lost to cancer and now you! What is it with this season? I guess it is good to have those moments where the emotions come out - that way the infection doesn't fester uncontrollably in you until you burst! I hope that this time will be filled with more good memories than painful ones. If it gets to be too much I have a shoulder...
Post a Comment