Much to the sadness of the defense (Eric), the tree was cut down a few weeks ago. The prosecuter (Amy) rejoices in her victory! She no longer has to vacumm 3 times a day and she may now look out into the cul-de-sac and see her precious offspring playing. She may look at gorgeous Mt. Timp without obstruction. Justice has been served.
The prosecutor would like to thank the jurors for their verdict. The people have spoken and finally answered the pleas of the innocent, "We want our views! We want clean floors!"
To the defense we send our condolences and gratitude for their humble aquiescence.
7 comments:
I think that this is a terribly insensitive post. To make light of the death of a tree is a terrible thing. That was one unique tree. I bet that you could look for years and never see one even slightly similar. And I know that Darryl Alder loved that tree. It was also great for shade in the early afternoon when you were sitting out front on the steps. I know that Noah cried himself to sleep the day we cut it down.
Shame on anyone who dances on its grave!
This post should be titled "The Crucible"
Eric, give it up. It was ugly, not unique. I'm glad we put it out of its misery. Noah cried for joy because his mommy was so happy. HE LOVES me. Dancing, dancing, dancing on the grave of the guillotined tree!
Someone better watch her back. I would hate to see my sweet Amy crawl into bed and then scream because the branches of an innocent tree are taking over her side of the bed. But that is just me . . .
And I would hate to see rafia suddenly taking over my darling Eric's side of the bed.
I am on the fence about it! Hmmm i need to digest it =)....Sounds like we have a little battle goin on. Love it!
I can't tell you how much fun I had reading this.
Please continue squabbling for my entertainment.
Post a Comment