Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 Best Friends and 2 Front Teeth





So, I need to apologize to Judson and I'll explain why. Yesterday I got a phone call from the school saying that he had forgotten his glasses and could I please bring them to him. So, I got the kids and myself dressed and dragged myself over to the school. As I was about to leave the glasses at the front desk the receptionist said, "Wait just a minute, I'd like you to take a look at one of Judson's teeth. He says it is loose and bothering him. I gave him an ice pack, but I thought you might want see it." I rolled my eyes because Judson is becoming WAY too familiar with the school nurse and is turning into a hypochondriac! He walked in, happy to see me (that made me a little less suspicious), and showed me his extrememly loose front tooth. I panicked because I was positive he'd already lost his front teeth and that this was a permanent one gone awry! I checked him out of school and made an appointment with the dentist right away.
Judson got a lecture about the difference between baby teeth and permanents. I was so sure that he had loosened it just because his best buddy Brenna had lost hers and he has such a strong competitive desire to "keep up with the Brenna's!" Oy! I was pretty worried and I made Judson worry too. I told him he might be toothless for the rest of his life (I know, I'm terrible), or that he'd have to have a fake tooth that he'd have to screw in every day. Oh I know, I need to repent for those white lies. Especially since I was WRONG and as soon as Judson opened his mouth, the dentist said, "oh, these are babies!"
I was happy to be wrong, for his sake, but so embarrased that I made such a fuss. I learned my lesson to keep better track of lost teeth, and I also learned that Judson must be a pretty tough kid to have to put up with an anal mom like me!
He sure looks cute, though, doesn't he?

3 comments:

Becca said...

That's so funny. I do that too. Just to the worst possible conclusion. Did the tooth fairy remember to come?

Kara said...

I know how that is! It seems that I always freak out over the little things--or the things that are the way they are supposed to be. :) And you're right, he IS a cutie!

chelsea mckell said...

yeah, the tooth fairy better be bringing something REALLY great for this one!

amy, you know why i love you (and your blog?) you're honest. I read way too many blog that are like "I'm perfect, I live in a perfect world, with perfect children and my perfect husband and we are ready to be translated" blahblahblah. But you just say it like it is. You, someone way closer to sainthood than most people I know, are way more real.