Dijon Maple Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used 3 and cut them up into nice-sized chunks)
salt and pepper to taste
2 T butter, divided
½ c onion, chopped
1 c chicken broth
½ c half and half (I didn’t have any, so I used whipping cream. Yummy.)
3 T Dijon mustard
1 ½ T maple syrup (or you can use pancake syrup)
Prepare enough rice for your family and set aside.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt half the butter over medium-high heat and cook chicken till browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and cook onion until translucent. Stir in broth with a whisk, making sure to whisk the browned bits up off the bottom of the pan. Add half and half, mustard, and maple syrup. Bring to a low simmer and cook till thickened slightly, about 5 minutes (I had to add a couple teaspoons of flour to thicken mine a bit more).
Place chicken on top of a bed of rice and pour sauce over the top. Serve.
I made this tonight and we all LOVED it, even Judson ate it so it has to be good.
1 comment:
I might have to try this Chicken! It sounds wonderful! Something different for us. Dont know how sucessful I will be in getting Cody to eat it becuz its not Chicken Nuggets but all I can do is try! Is Judson a picky eater?
I will let you know when i do and how it turns out!
Post a Comment