Saturday, January 17, 2009

Surprise for Daddy, well kind of...



With the curtains closed the lighting makes the color look wierd, but in real life it's a really nice yellow-gold.

Eric and I have this really fun tradition that, while either of us are away, we secretly repaint a room. It has been fun, but it's way too exhausting for me and I'm calling the tradition quits after this week! Alas, here is the fruit of my labor, Judson and Noah's freshly painted adorable room! So, that's why they have been sleeping in my room, because I worked on theirs after they were asleep. I chose a fun color called "perennial gold." We went to a really fun store full of treasures and found these antique Pez dispenser tins and the cool model tractor, bike, and car. The store was really fun, even though I locked my keys in the car there, but that's a whole other story to tell in itself (later).
When Eric got home we had him close his eyes and walk up there. I think he was surprised and shocked that I would take on a project like this alone. Trust me, it won't happen again. But, the kids LOVE their new room and insist on showing everyone who comes over. Seeing their excitement makes all the sleep deprivation worth it...almost.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I love it! Someday when we have a house, you're hired! Hope you're rested up by then...

Cherine said...

I am very impressed! Very nice!

chelsea mckell said...

awesome! I love it! what a fun surprise. maybe I'll do that sometime to Brian. or maybe not - I'm a wimp when it comes to losing sleep - i get scared just thinking of it. Brings me back to those first few weeks/months with Brianna.

Pez: lovethemlovethemlovethem!!
I am actually a closet pez lover. I'll come out of the closet now and admit that I own 127 pez dispensers. I'll blog about it sometime.
What store did you go to??? I've gotta git me somma those posters!

holmesfamily8 said...

Very cute! I love color...wah I am jealous you can paint!