Eric and I have been feeling really antsy for better weather. I think I've complained about it enough on this blog already. But, Saturday was an amazing day. It was mild and sunny. We spent almost all day outside. Judson and I went for a bike ride together. It is still so unreal to me that I have a child old enough to go on bike rides with. I love it! I am a sunshine summertime girl and man, I can't wait...
A few weeks back as Eric and I decided to make a favorite things list to get us through "the thaw," as we call this time of year. We were only supposed to list 10 things, but I got excited. Here they are:
-Fuzzy socks
-Chocolate silk pie (Eric makes one that is to die for. Literally)
-jeans and a t-shirt
-curls
-spit-up (I know, I'm weird. I just love my baby, that's all)
-summer barbeques
-glistening with sweat after a great work-out
-my ipod
-a gripping novel
-the perfect lipstick color
-hair dye
-neck ties on Sunday
-blogs
-The place where Eric and I cuddle and then fall asleep at night. Then, Eric starts snoring and I move over. It's just automatic and I love that.
-digital cameras (how did we live before them?)
-clean clothes
-clean floors
-Baby Magic baby lotion (its the best)
-watching my boys wrestle
-books on c.d.
-getting the irresitable urge to dance when a great songs comes on
-McDonald's playland
-The river trail
-My bike!
-3 kisses (code for "I-Love-You.")
-eyebrows (Don't ask, I just have a thing for eyebrows)
-forgiveness
-emails from Eric
-the recliner
-BBC's romantic 19th century (or earlier) period movies, aren't they the best?
Here is Eric's list. He followed the rules and listed 10 items:
1. Making playlists with/for Amy (for our ipods)
2.Digging in the garden soil to loosen it up right before planting
3. Looking at garden magazines
4. Listening to books on tape with Amy
5. Cuddling in bed with Amy
6. Asking Amy about her preferences to find the perfect gift for her
7. Going for walks on the river trail as a family
8. Watching cartoons with my boys
9. Reading bedtime stories to my boys
10. Thinking about happy times together
Life is good. Thaw or no thaw. Recession or no.
3 comments:
After I read this, all I can think of to say is, "Ahhh." (contented sigh) Life really is good, ain't it??
A wise man once said:
"Life is good. Thaw or no thaw. Recession or no."
NO - wait! That wasn't a wise man - that was Eric. But whatever. I agree. :)
Your so funny!!! Your fav things are so cute!! Would would have thought spit up was a favorite thing!!! Hahahah!! Well lady I am actually doing a photography business!! I take all of Taya's Pictues! I love it!! When you come in may, lets do fam pics!! I do have a blog now.. it is .... headtotoephoto1.blogspot.com
I am excited to see you!!
Post a Comment