For my birthday surprise today I got cornered in the locker room of my gym by a weird lady. I think there some a signal I give off that says, "talk to me if you are koo-koo, I'll be nice." She just chatted away, while she undressed in front of me (yikes), like we were old buddies. Anyway, she talked about her daughter who just turned 30 and then asked me, "do you have any kids that age?" I cringed. My heart sunk. TODAY OF ALL DAYS. I said, "No. My oldest is 6 and today is my 32nd birthday." I would have been two years old when I gave birth. Thanks for making my day, crazy lady.I've had a wonderful day otherwise, despite the fact that I'm Eric's "older woman" now. Eric got up with Asher this morning at 4:30, then he woke back up at 6am to make me a surprise breakfast in bed. He rushed off to work, only to return 15 min. later because the traffic on I-15 was horrendous. He decided to work from home today! It was wonderful! I went to lunch with my dear friends (we take our kids to the library and then lunch every Tuesday) and they all sang happy birthday to me at good old Carl's Jr. One of them said, "you know you are a mommy when you have your birthday lunch at Carl's Jr!" Eric made orange chicken and stir-fry for dinner. Delicious! And then, to top it off, he made my favorite CINNAMON ROLLS! Good thing I went to the gym! I guess its all about food today. Maybe that's why I look like I'm 52!
6 comments:
happy b-lated b-day Amy! you don't look 52, probably just 50. :) you look great by the way!
Ohhhhhh honey, you don't look anywhere near 52!!! What a crazy lady.. did she even look at you?! Your beautiful!!
Oh girlfriend....you are FAR from looking 52! You look amazing!!! That woman was Cuckoo Magoo! I hope you had a great birthday! Love ya!
52 my foot! You're beautiful! Happy B-day! I'm glad it was a good one!!
If you're 52 I'm 53.
And you bring up an excellent topic I could totally rant on - women unabashedly stripping down in the middle of gym locker rooms. HEL-LO - that's why there are stalls! Or at least the option of changing yourself discreetly...
You forgot to mention the most joyous part of your birthday - the magical facebook post you received from your friend Chelsea all the way in Vernalland.
I know I'm a bit late updating myself on your blog, but this story is HILARIOUS! What kind of psycho just goes ahead & says something like that to an innocent, non old looking, beautiful woman?! She must not have had her old lady glasses on, clearly. Sounds like your birthday was perfect! You look amazing for your age..in fact, I'd lump you in with my age group ;) (it gives you a little over 4 years younger!)
Post a Comment