Monday, February 9, 2009

I knew I needed some sun, but come on, this is ridiculous!

THIS IS NOT HELPING!!!!





It's called "pityriasis rosea." A nasty little virus that lasts for about 12 weeks. The prescription? Sunshine. Pathetic.


It only breaks out from your neck down to your knees. My face, my calves, and feet are spared. So, for my birthday (yes, it's my b-day tomorrow, don't go there) I've asked for tanning bed passes. I'll look like a nicely tanned leper next time you see me. Oy. Spring will never be so celebrated.



6 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

Oh man... zero fun!!!!

holmesfamily8 said...

Oh Amy, that sounds so miserable! I am sorry the weather is not nice there. I am going to be joining you in a couple of weeks and I am not sure I am very excited about it. Hang in there!

holmesfamily8 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way! Sorry we didn't get a card off, we still might be life is crazy lately.

Cherine said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry about the virus. I am hoping for some sun too!

chelsea mckell said...

Your blog is not only entertaining, but educational! I learned something new. Thank you. Your suffering is not in vain.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

i had something similar to that last year i got mine on my arms and stomach i didnt think you could get it on your neck???