

Today we woke up early and got ready to go to the Draper Temple Open House! It was a beautiful experience, thanks to Eric's FHE preparations from last week. We've had these up on our pantry reminding us all week that we need to have clean hands and pure hearts.
We took my two favorite octagenarians (old people. hee hee.) from our ward with us, Cynthia Scott and her brother Tom Atkin. They were so much fun to be with. I love their stories and I love how patient and cute they are with my boys. I was seriously afraid that Noah had taken out their hips when they each grabbed one of his hands, and he decided to drop down for a swing! Yipee! He almost took them down with him!
The temple is incredible. The Celestial room is breathtaking. The chandelier...amazing. I especially loved the chandelier in the bride's room.
I was really impressed with my little ones. They were extremely well-behaved and I was a proud momma. Considering what they are normally like, it was a small miracle, and I'm so grateful because it was a beautiful day!
5 comments:
We went to the opening of the rexburg temple and it was amazing how well behaved my kids were too! I think its the spirit there that keeps them soo mellow. I was soo happy that they were soo good!
I love temple open houses! Aren't we so blessed that we get to go to these peaceful places? and sometimes I don't think adults (in general) give kids (in general) the benefit of the doubt of feeling the Spirit. They get it, don't they?
We still haven't gone yet. I am going with the YW on Friday though. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Okay, I'm sitting here laughing my guts out b/c I can totally see Cynthia & Tom with your kids!! That would be hilarious! I also just went & was able to take Josh's brother & his family who are not LDS. It was FABULOUS. I also Loved the brides room, very princess-esque. :)
Post a Comment