Monday, March 16, 2009

MALINGERING: Def: Faking a physical or psychological incapacity in order to avoid a responsibility or gain an end;

So, I got a call this morning from Judson's school with a poor sick little voice, saying, "My ear hurts. Come get me, please." Oh! My baby is in pain! I hurry and get dressed, load up the kids, get to the school, unload the kids, go to the office, check him out, re-load everyone once again, go home, unload kids.

Then, he asks, "Can I see if Brenna can play?" (Brenna didn't come to school today either)

Then, an alarm goes off in my head. Yep, I'm pretty sure this kid is MALINGERING.

I finally get the truth out of him. He's fine. I tell him, "Well, people who come home from school have to take naps." His WORST NIGHTMARE. He bawls! He screams, "I want to go back to school! Take me back to school!"

Are you kidding? I secretly smile. I've got him. He'll remember this day, the day he tried to pull one over on Mom, and ended up taking a nap instead. Oh, he'll suffer, believe me, he'll suffer.

4 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

Sneaky sneaky!!! Can't hide anything from mom!!

Kara said...

That's the best! I'm am falling from my chair!

Anonymous said...

alex has been doing the same thing! except he doesn't go to school. it's more of "i can't pick up mom, my legs are broken." what?! where do they learn these things?

Kerri said...

Amy, I haven't been over her in a while! I need to add it ot my google reader. I thought I already did, but I guess not! It's so fun to read your little stories. You are much better at keeping up with your family on your blog thatn I am. Did I ever invite you to our family blog? If not let me know and I will.