Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I spy with my little eye...

7, count them 7 sippie cups under Noah's bed. I've been wondering where they've all gone.



Noah and I have had a rough start today. I've been distracted, obviously. He re-painted his face with green marker this morning, so I stuck him in the tub. I was 3 feet away from him, but completely somewhere else in spirit. I was just trying to cut my silly bangs, okay? Don't judge me too harshly. So, he managed to dump out the brand new bottle of baby shampoo, dump out several buckets of water onto the carpet (I curse the person who decided to put carpet in there), and squirt me incessantly with the squirt-gun. He did his best to get the much wanted attention, but nothing worked...until I hear the words every mother fears, "Mom. I pooped." The piece de resistance! Finally, I turn my vain head away from the mirror to see the destruction! There was weeping, wailing, and knashing of teeth. My bathroom stinks and Noah doesn't get to go to the library today for making such a mess. But, my bangs look pretty good. Collateral damage, I guess.

8 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man!! I bet you almost pulled your bangs out!!!! Oh ok so Lets do something when your here.. and of course bring your suits so we can soak!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Tonight might be the perfect night for you to go the the Barn(es) and be Noble (hint hint - father of the child who did this!). Those days - what can you say about them besides that they make for a DARN good blog and someday you might laugh. I love the sippy cups - especially the ones FULL of cottage cheese. I feel for you. "Here drink this!" Now no more being - well, a kid. darn.

Anonymous said...

that kid is a real handful. i enjoy reading what antics and trouble he causes on a daily basis. you must be a patient mom. good thing he's cute.

Angela said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about his post. I can relate perfectly. Just the other day I was holding McKay on the couch, his pacifier fell in the crack of the couch so I reached deep into the couch and pulled out 5 pacifiers!! And oh, the poop in the tub...how many times I have been busy doing something and I think to myself, "I should really go see what the kids are up to." Then the devils sneaks up and says, "2 monre minutes won't hurt." Boy or boy is he wrong!!! :) You need to submit these stories to that new show "Into the Motherhood" they accept story ideas online.

Melonie Harris said...

Amy I don't have your number.... I want to talk to you!!!! If you could call me my number is on my photo blog, or give me your number on my e-mail from the blog too!!!

Misty said...

Amy,

I miss hearing from you as well. I don't have a computer right now, and only am able to check this every so often. I do get my email through my phone though. mistydjensen76@yahoo.com Email me if you can and I will let you in on my crazy life.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Love,
Misty

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun being a mom? If he wasn't so dang cute you could be mad, but when he looks at you with those big beautiful eyes how could you not love him? And he did poop that is good!!! My Noah grandma loves you!!!

holmesfamily8 said...

I love the pictures of Noah in the park, what a face! Hahahaha, I laugh with you because you know I empathize with you. My kids must have inherited that "creative messer" gene as well. I am too tired to post most of the messes they make lately. Ha!