Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The business of being Ruby





Eric's beloved clown (that has a smiley face on one side, and a frowny face on the other) became a victim of Ruby's teething. We have saved this clown from her clutches many many times, but unfortunately she got him this time...
Shedding. Not a fun part of owning a golden retriever. Matt spent about 1/2 hour combing through her hair on Monday night. This is what he got out!!
Judson, ever trying to make a dime, decided to put the Ruby hair to use! He put it in ziploc bags and took it around the neighborhood calling it "bear stuffing". We are grateful to sweet neighbors. He made 48cents! That kid is going to make us rich someday. He went around with the extra noodles from dinner the other night and told our neighbor Rebeca he'd sell her some for 2$ a noodle. Unfortunately that plan didn't work out so well.
I also need to note that he has been wearing this "business" jacket with pockets on the inside for his pens, along with an umbrella and a briefcase. He wore this get-up to summer school today. Our own little Alex Keaton. Hilarious!!

Our cute little pup Ruby turned one year old on June 6th. She has been so much fun to have around. She is extremely patient with the boys. She treats Noah especially like one of her sibling pups. They roll around and wrestle with each other. The other day Noah actually licked her nose. I cringed and then laughed. We love our Ruby!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pile of fur, looks like a dead dog. i will never own a dog, but she is cute.

*Sheigh* said...

Sooo cute!!! I just saw your family pix that your sister in law took. GORGEOUS FAMILY!!! I cant believe how big your boys are getting! Especially Asher! OMG!! Soo cute! Love ya!

Chelsea said...

What a great dog you have! Hope all is well with you guys.

Melonie Harris said...

I love the bear stuffing!!!What a classic!!! Sounds like you have a great dog!!

Kara said...

Question: Did you make her wear the princess outfit as punishment for the clown murder?

I love keeping up with your cute little famdamly. That Judson is a crack up! Love ya, Amy!

Kara said...

P.S. I have always absolutely adored you and think the world of your mothering skills. You say that you wish you were fun: let me refer you back to previous posts full of root beer chugs, science birthday parties, and boys night out on the deck (even if you wouldn't let them use your big fluffy pillows--we said FUN, not INSANE!), and a myriad of others. YOU are an inspiration girl! I, too, am so glad that blogging helps us keep up (who knew, right??). Cheers to blogging!