Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MattyCat's graduation






Emily Roberts, Matt and Robbie's adorable friend
We went up for a day trip to see Uncle Matt graduate! Go class of 2009! It was a quick, fun trip. But, the ceremony itself was not quick and not fun - especially with 3 little boys. We entertained ourselves by laughing at the silly things, like the choir's choice of song, "Celebrate good times...Come On!" It was absolutely ridiculous! I was dying and I kept looking at Eric, ready to burst out in laughter, but afraid to insult some choir parent sitting in the audience nearby. They even danced on the bleachers! You could tell they were all a little uncomfortable with it, except the choir director who was having the time of his life. I'm convinced it never once entered his mind that everyone else wouldn't find it as amusing! Oh....good times. 

We are super proud of our Mattman, MattyCat, Matty Matty Moo Cow, little brother (his latest nickname, MattyCat, was given by Monika in a moment of inspiration. Especially since Matt hates cats so much. We find the name perfect.) Congratulations!

Robbie's graduation is next! 

4 comments:

Emily said...

I must say that I was more than a little surprised to hear that there was a picture of me on your blog, but surprised in a good way. I appreciate that you call Matt, Matty, as well. For a while there I thought I was the only one, and that was a little sad. I also appreciate that you enjoy Matty's hate of cats as much as I do. Thank you.

Emily said...

Is that a member of the Holmes family graduating from.....HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL?!?!?! My, how times have changed. :) I still have my "Beat Poky" tube socks.

chelsea mckell said...

choirs singing awkward songs is always.... awkward. That just sounds.... awkward.
As you can tell, I have limited vocabulary. Maybe I should go back to school too. Then you can come to my graduation and give me cool nicknames.

Cherine said...

Congrats to your bro. Man I graduated in 1999. Ten years down hopefully a few more to go!