A little graveside humor. Robby and I feeling special because our names are in stone.



These are fun and cute pictures, but for some reason, this Thanksgiving was especially hard for me. I really miss my mom. The first year, I put on a brave face and didn't let it get to me that she wasn't there on her favorite holiday. But, this year, I think it hit. I just miss her. I miss her for my kids, and I miss her for my siblings, and I miss her for me. I know she's watching over us, and that is very comforting, but I ache to touch her, kiss her cheek, and see her again someday. It will be wonderful.
3 comments:
Amy forgot to mention that there was so much goose poop in the cemetary that we seriously could not take a step without stepping in it. Eeeewwww!!!
I have been here. Robb showed Traci and me his plot. And he pointed out your names. Which makes me laugh.
How did I miss this post??? Your mother's grave maker is BEAUTIFUL. I'm sorry she has one with two dates on it. Every time I drive past there I look out to where I know it is and I say "Hello Susan! We miss you!" And it is true every time.
Post a Comment