Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not-so-typical-Noah





First of all, notice the backwards underwear. This is very typical of cheekers (Noah's most heavily used nickname, which is especially funny since we see his little bum cheeks...a lot...). And, the "swim glasses?" Ah! I love him!
Noah is my little kitchen helper. He loves to do the dishes and cook with me. Last night as I was kissing him goodnight he said, "I got a good idea, my mommy? Let's make chocolate cookies tomorrow!" So, we are making cookies today just because he is so darn cute about it. In fact, the other day I woke him up from a late nap and told him that I was making spaghetti for dinner. He exclaimed, "Oh! That is so nice of you, my mommy!!" Then, he jumped out of bed ready to help me stir. He got to his post on top of the sugar bucket and I let him stir the sauce. All was well and fine until the water starting bubbling and boiling over the noodles. He jumped down and said, "I'm sorry sweetheart. I can't do it anymore. I don't want my hands to get fired." I giggled and agreed that it was probably safer if I took over from there.
Turning 4 has been good for my Noah-cheek. I'm thrilled to say that I think he's finally starting to forgive me for replacing him as the baby of the family. He's returning to the sweetheart that I knew was hidden under all those raging 3-year-old emotions. He is definitely more loving and more expressive of his affection. He has the heart of a king, I tell you, and 4 is good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics amy! my 5 year old also has to help me every time i walk into the kitchen. he loves to make cookies. unfortunately, i love to eat them a bit too much to make them as frequently as possible.

Hunter said...

WOW! He reminds me more and more of Eric everyday...

chelsea mckell said...

=)

Melonie Harris said...

What a little angel boy!!! Love the cheeks!!! Now you have blackmail pics.. love it!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I LOVE that he called you "sweetheart". Could that be any more darling - well, yes, the cheeks and goggles are adding to the cute! Boys are fun.

KatandBlue said...

So fun! Daxon also has to help me with everything in the kitchen. I often have to remind myself that it won't be like that forever and to enjoy it! How could you not enjoy it with a goggled-backwards-underpants-boy??! so fun!

Unknown said...

Wow! My year 4 has been a challenge to say the least! Hopefully my 5 will be your four! What a doll!

summer said...

I have hope for Jacob! Being 3 is not so fun for that boy - seriously it's worse than the Terrible 2's...which now don't seem all that bad! Love the pictures and had to laugh, after Jacob was potty-trained that is how he wore his underwear as well. He told me that he needed the back up front so that we could see the ENTIRE picture. Which was true, it just seemed a really uncomfortable way to sport those little things. Good to see you lived through your crazy December!