
This is not your regular rocking chair, no sir. This is THE THRONE.

I love rocking my babies to sleep. It is such a special time for me. I cherish the quiet, the one-on-one, the touching, the singing, hearing their breath slow down, all of it! I rock them to sleep till they absolutely won't take it any longer. For Noah, that was around the age of 2 1/2. For Asher, it was around 4 months! It broke my heart that I was missing that time with him, but he wouldn't cuddle to save his life. A few weeks back I dusted off the throne decided to try again. Just in case. And, it worked! Oh, Heaven! I've been doing it every day since then and I couldn't be happier. Especially now that he's been so sick, it makes me feel like I have power to do SOMETHING to help alleviate his misery.
6 comments:
Man that looks so comfy!! I defiantly need one of those!
that ROCKS!
=)
The title of your post totally got me all excited that you were going to link to a video clip of the MoTabs singing that song with the black guy doing the solo. Love it.
Ha ha! We just listened to it! And Amy saw them perform it today on tv while she was home with the kids.
i love that you rock your babies beause i do too. my "baby" is almost 2.5 and i at this very moment am rocking him to sleep for his nap. i LOVE to do it too.
There is nothing that beats snugging and rocking one of your babies - be they 2 months or 12 years. What would you give to be rocked to sleep by your mom today? It is the ultimate comfort for you AND the baby. I'm glad he is letting you snug him again.
I love your chair, and I can't wait to get mine! I love rocking those babies too, heaven.
Post a Comment