My delicious raspberry Tres Leches birthday Cake from Sam’s. Irresistibly delicious!
My 34th birthday was yesterday. A bitter sweet day. I woke up to silly string sprayed in my face by two maniac boys laughing like serial killers (bitter), and then my knight in shining armor (the man who purchased the silly string. hmmmmm…..) came to my rescue with a breakfast in bed tray filled with strawberry soup and cherry cream cheese crepes. If nothing else good happened the rest of the day, I’d have been good.
My morning was delightful because my good friend watched my two youngest for 2 hours of freedom! What a great gift! I went and used a gift card from last years birthday and replenished my vitamin D in a tanning bed. It was perfection. I don’t do it very often (obviously), but it is amazing how wonderful it feels this time of year.
This was followed by a small shopping spree at one of my favorite stores (Downeast Basics) where all their clearance was an extra 30% off. I got this dress!
It’s actually longer than it looks in the picture, which is very nice. I was excited for this find. I’m really in love with the color grey right now (except when it’s in the sky). Right next door is Saver’s, a local thrift store I frequent. I went inside and found some darling grey pants for $4.99. All this happened WITHOUT screaming kids!
Eric, the most amazing husband in existence, had a sitter arranged. He picked me up at 4:30 for a night in Salt Lake City! We went to a favorite Asian restaurant of ours called “Tsunami.” I was delighted to find out that we had reservations and that Eric had pre-ordered our favorite dishes so they were hot and ready as soon as we sat down! So chic! So romantic! I felt like a superstar!
Then he made me guess where we were going next, and I guessed right because HE KNOWS ME so well. I love that about him! We went to this amazing design store at the Gateway downtown to drool and dream.
Here’s what it looks like inside! A wannabe designer’s nirvana.
We had a wonderful time perusing! We went to the apple store to get Eric’s techy fix and had fun playing with the ipads there. Then, off to another fabulous store called Anthropologie. I’d never buy anything there because it’s sinfully overpriced, but it’s so fun to look:
I love that orange chair! It’s probably $25,000.99 or something ridiculous like that (I’m exaggerating. Kind of.). But still a treat for the eyes.
It was just fun to be with my sweetheart, hold hands and walk together. I love that man and I’m so grateful he knows what my dream birthday evening would be. He knows I’d probably hate a big party and a whole bunch of hooplah. Just a quiet evening ALONE. Heavenly.
Since we started out so early, we made it back just before the kids’ bedtime. We blew out candles, had cake (it is to die for cake), put the kids to bed and then spent the rest of the evening alone watching movies!
Thanks, honey. For a girl who hates birthdays, you’d think I’d learn and realize that you make me wish I had one every day.
5 comments:
Please tell Eric that Dave's cell phone number is.... and that, although I love him dearly, he DESPERATELY needs some pointers. Thanks.
!Feliz Cumpleanos, Amy dear! You deserve every single little bit of goodness you got for your birthday. When you two were dating, wasn't Eric the one who called you from Ukraine and played the beautiful classical duet from "Life is Beautiful"? It sounds like it's only gotten better since then. :)
ohhhhhhhhhhh how sweet!! glad you have a great hubby!! Sounds like you had a fabulous day!! Hope the year is just as good!! Love you Amy!
I'm so glad you had a great day! Sounds like a day I would like too :0)
You know that Birthdays are well done when you look forward to the next one with no thought to the age! Good dang boy, Eric. Congrats on your wonderful day - and 34 years of making the rest of us happy.
Post a Comment