I love how Asher is in the background of these pics. He sure looks up to his big brothers. He also insisted on wearing his superman cape to the school.
My darling, hilarious, wonderful, playful, sweet, 5-year-old started Kindergarten! He was so brave. I was the one wishing, just a little, that he was at least a teensy bit sad to leave me…But nope. He marched off onto the rest of his life blowing me a kiss (only because it was requested).
I’m on my toes waiting to hear about his adventures each day. I thought I’d share part of an email I sent his teacher, and her response in turn:
Dear Shari,
My Noah is known for his imagination, but not being aware of every second of his day anymore, I'm confused when he tells me things that happen at school. The last two days he's told me you have all gone to an ice cream shop and then for snow cones. Apparently when it's N day you're going to have popcorn up to the ceiling? Today he also told me he had to go to the office because some kid punched him in the face and he was bleeding. I'm dying to know if there's a story behind all these stories?
This is just a frivolous whim of mine since I miss my little boy's adventures and delight in them so much!
His teacher said:
Hmmm. I WISH we'd gone to ice cream and snow cones the last few days in this heat. But there's been no talk of ice cream or snow cones. On Tuesday, we did go on a treasure hunt and one of the places our clues took us was to the office. I told them that the ladies in the office sometimes help kids when they are hurt. I was at recess for most of the time today and did not see or hear of anyone punching anyone or bleeding.
We are currently working toward a party. When we do good things, I put scoops of popcorn in a jar. When the jar is full to the top, the next day we have a party. I can see a connection there.
I am so glad you asked! He will probably be an amazing creative writer some day.
Then, I wrote back:
Mrs. Payne,
Thank you for the clarification. My husband told me I should have played around with you by saying, "my kid is telling me he got punched in the face today, how could you let that happen?!" I bet you can guess where Noah gets his playfulness from.
2 comments:
That's hilarious!!!! Imagine what stories he tells about you in school... :-)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome! I'm sure his teacher DOES wish she could teach at a school as cool as ice cream/sno cone fieldtripping Noah's. :)
Today I asked Jackson what they did in school and he said, "Nothing. We sat in our chairs all. day. long." I bet he wishes he could go to Noah's school, too. ;) (Can you tell my kid's having a hard time adjusting to a routine--since we never had one. :) )
Post a Comment