5.17.12- On our walk yesterday littlest turned to me and stated, "Mommy, you're not a BAD witch." Wasn't sure how to interpret that one, but I'm determined to take it as a compliment.
5.4.12- Had a would've been 60th birthday party for my mom last night with dearest family members. My sweetie cut snowball flowers from the bush and lined the tables in the backyard with them. Beautiful. Then, we sang happy birthday with gusto and threw the flowers up in the air. It was so fun and yet oddly spiritual at the same time. Just how she would've wanted it. Then, of course we had to have a snowball fight and throw them at each other. Also, just what she would've loved....
4.26.12- Littlest here is lucky to be alive, AGAIN. Brothers must've taken the child lock off the 2nd story window without a screen. Yesterday I heard him say, "mommy, I not gonna fall down dere, ok. I not gonna fall down." Which sounded curious so I went to investigate. Found him standing in the open window seal looking out. Probably pretending he was spiderman.... Oh child. Don't do this to my heart anymore!!!
4.23.12- Littlest napped in my arms today. Hasn't happened since he was a wee one. Nothing so precious.
4.13.12- So I've spent a lot of time this week flat on my back being sick. Apparently, middlest has had enough and is ready to give up on me. It was just too funny not to share what I overheard:
Noah: what's an ancestor?
Judson: it's a dead relative.
Noah: Oh! I never knewed that...mommy is going to be an ancestor soon...
4.4.12- Got home from the store to find a package on the front porch. Littlest pushes me away and yells, "Stay back! It's a bomb!" I love 3yolds.
3.28.12- Littlest came into my room and woke me up just now. I sweetly said, "Good morning, Baby!" He swatted my greeting aside with a glare and flatly said, "I want pizza. In my room."
3.13.12- I'll do just about anything for my boys when they're sick...and littlest knows it. Guess who's making mac n' cheese for breakfast? :)
3.10.12- Hubby locked the door so I can sleep in while he makes pancakes (Oh, he's a keeper). Littlest is pounding on it, however, Screaming, "I want mommy! My mommy is the MOMMY!" ....I have the right to be annoyed I guess, but it's too cute.
2.13.12- Picture this. Me standing in a long line at the church library, get up to the front. Old lady librarian says: "I have to ask you a personal question. Is your hair naturally brunette or blond?"
Me: "Neither."
Old Lady: "I didn't give you a third option, so what is it? Whatever it is, I like you as a brunette better."
Me: Ok. Can I get a picture of Noah's ark?"
1.23.12- OK, so I'm one of THOSE moms now. I walked out of my room this morning wondering why it was so quiet, then I remembered I was supposed to be playing hide and seek. Oops! Found my boys on their beds hiding under the blankets. Noah said, "Did you count to A THOUSAND, Mom?!?!"
1.5.12- Just to illustrate how utterly obsessed with super heroes littlest is, last night while rocking him to sleep he muttered in a daze, " Spiderman, Iceman, Firestar..." I'm assuming the list went on as he counted his heroes to sleep.
12.21.11- Yesterday I had a crappy attitude regarding the mess we're in. As a result it was a miserable day (I even ran over a dog. Don't ask. It was horrible). So, today is silver lining day because I can't take any more yesterdays! Today I'm grateful I can't use my kitchen because I'm not baking up a plethora of fattening foods! Hooray for an early start on new years resolutions!
12.17.11- Eric took my boys Christmas gift shopping for me. He asked them what they thought I'd like. Noah suggested going to hobby lobby and getting me some tattoos. Judson liked that idea and said the tattoo should be a unicorn. Then, Noah suggested lots and lots of pink bows....and feathers. Do my children think I'm a drag queen, or what?
12.5.11- Noah to his older brother, "Hey Judson, did you know there's a lion in Lion King? And lots of other animals... No, really!"
10.1.11- My fettish with laundry is now confirmed. While at the salon today, their dryer buzzer went off and I immediately got up to go to it. Pavlov's dog? Hmmm.... It took me a minute to even realize what I was doing. This is just wrong.
10.1.11- That's what I love about Noah. The first thing that comes to his mind when he puts his big brother's red jacket on (that's exactly the same as HIS red jacket only 2 sizes larger) is, "Daddy! Am I shrinking?!?!?!" No practical thinking allowed here. This is a home where magic exists. I'm delighted by this.
1 comment:
I want pizza in MY room too!!! And I wish I could have been in on your Snowy-Su ball fight! One more thing - please don't be an ancestor soon!
Post a Comment