Thursday, April 17, 2008
A HORRIBLE LESSON TO LEARN!!!
I'm here in Idaho with my family, while Eric is on a business trip in Orlando. I forgot my camera or I would be posting pictures! I just want to send a message out to all the moms I know and love. I learned a horrible lesson yesterday while grocery shopping with my little Noah. I let him stand up in the cart. He always throws a fit if I try to buckle him in the seat, so I gave in. Never again!!! Yesterday, while in the vegetable section he fell out -HEAD FIRST - and I seriously feared for his life because he hit the ground so hard and his little head snapped back. I don't want to relive the details because it makes me sick to my stomach! He was protected. He should be hurt so much worse because of the nature of the fall. I rushed him to the insta-care that happened to be next door to the store, thank heaven. The doctor there looked him over and reassured me that he would be all right and to watch him carefully to make sure he doesn't have a concussion. It was an awful experience and I have had a prayer of gratitude in my heart, ever since, for the gaurdian angel that padded his fall. He has a huge goose-egg on his forehead and the skin under his nose is cut, but I hate to think what COULD have happened and I vow to never again let any of my children ride in grocery carts without being buckled in. I hope you learn from my mistake and make the same decision too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Amy, how is Noah now,, sorry to hear he took a big fall.. that is a long way to fall on your head..
Grandpa Goodson
Oh Amy that is terrible!!! I am so sad for poor little Noah, but I am glad it isn't any worse. Chris told me you are on the great clean out mission, I wish I could come help! If you find any cool fabrics you are getting rid of, would you mind saving them for me? Thanks!
Opps, that wasn't Conner, he just forgot to sign out I guess.
That is AWFUL! Poor cheekers! When I worked at Shopko I saw that happen 3 times! It is so sickening to think about. I also had a friend who's mother in law took her 9 month old son to Winco and forgot to buckle her in to one of those carts with the little baby seat bolted in, and when she turned her back he arched and fell out and burst both eardrums, broke his collar bone, and his femur. So he had to be in one of those A-frame casts. It was so awful!
I am so relieved that cheekers is ok!!!!
Amy, how is Noah doing today? I hope he is okay. The same thing happened to Shelbi when she was not quite 2. I learned my lesson quickly and always had them buckled no matter how big of fit they threw. I know it is hard, but don't be to critical of yourself, even though we are moms, we are still human and make mistakes. You are a wonderful mom!!
Update on Noah: He's doing just fine. He's back to his normal, sweet self. Thank Heavens! He keeps trying to escape out in the backyard and jump on the tramp, but we won't let him yet.
Just want to tell you how much I admire you for being willing to share that story.
Why do I say that? Because I've been too embarrassed to tell anyone about my own less-than-perfect-mother story... a few weeks ago, we found out the HARD way that Brianna CAN roll over. Yep, right off a desk. Smack on her face. She freaked out, screamed and cried...and I joined her. We were quite the scene. Needless to say, she doesn't lay on anything elevated anymore. Why do I have to learn my lessons the hard way?! But like you said... it actually WASN'T the hard way... we both got off pretty easy, compared to the possibilities.
So - this is a loooong comment post, with the objective of telling you THANKYOU - both for the warning, and the humility to publically offer it.
Amy I am so guilty of that too. I will not do it again!!! Hope little Noah is better! Hey on another note Abigail is being blessed May 4. Your family is invited. So is the rest of Hunter family. Our ward is at 11. I know Eric is busy in the Bishporic but if y'all can some GREAT! Call me later for details if you guys can come
I've done that tons of times. I can't believe we've escaped injury. I guess I better stop. Sometimes (actually, usually) those Wal-mart trips are the worst. I'm glad he is ok. I'm sure you were just sick about it the whole day though. What a blessing to have the doctor next door too!!
Amy,
Mickey made a family "man" blog for all the male members..check the link out on my friends. It is called Family Man-Blog. He wants to invite Eric so he can add posts. Email at
montieblog@gmail.com
Okay--the "conner" comments are hilarous! I thought that conner was asking Amy to save fabric from Grandma's house. I couldn't stop laughing!
Post a Comment