So, better late than never, we finally got the halls decked. Eric put the tree up and the lights on...an all night affair. There are probably 10 strings on the tree (1,000 lights). We have a little tradition that I read out loud to him while he strings them. Last year we read Fablehaven, this year I got him sucked into the Twilight world. Hee hee. It's about time.
Anyway, I wrote about this tree last year, but for those of you who don't know the story behind the tree, I'll tell it. My amazing bargain shopper mother got it for me at D.I. for $10. It was after Christmas 4 years ago and they were trying to get rid of it. They asked for $50 to begin with (I would have bought it for 50), but my dynamic mother smooth-talked them down to $10 bucks for this beautiful 10 footer. She bought it for us and our high ceiling in our living room. What an angel. I miss her and I decorate this tree in honor of her. I hope she approves.
2 comments:
It is a gorgeous tree Amy!!! I love it and its a great way to honor your mom! Your mom was an amazing person and she would have done anything for anyone! She will be with you forever and ever! Love ya!
It's beautiful. You have such a talent for decorating.
Post a Comment